Dear Impact Church Family,
We want to update you on what’s happening at Impact Church in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our region. Currently, there is one presumptive case in Dade County and 4 confirmed cases in Broward County. Like you, we have been closely monitoring this evolving situation. We have also reached out to government officials and spoken with a number of other pastors to gain perspective on how to best move forward. Please read through this entire letter as it contains detailed plans for keeping our facility safe, and how you can help.
While this is a rapidly evolving situation, at this time, officials are not recommending the cancelation of public events or Sunday church gatherings. Impact Church will remain open and we will continue to have services on Sundays, Impact Groups and Friday youth gatherings. In the event that local and state health officials do recommend closure or we determine it is in the best interest of our Impact Church family to close, we will inform everyone to the best of our abilities through our website, church app and social media.
During this time, here’s how we are committed to keeping our facility safe & clean:
- Each Saturday there will be a full industrial sanitization process before volunteers and church members arrive.
- We will sanitize highly touched surfaces before and after every service such as doors, handles, tables, water machine, check-in stations, and sinks.
- Anyone who handles cash will wear gloves and change gloves frequently.
- Our staff and volunteer teams will wash their hands frequently and stay home if they are sick. In addition, Cafe With a Cause will continue wear gloves when they serve you your breakfast.
- Our Impact Kids meeting area will be sanitized before and after all gatherings. This will include chairs, tables, toys and carpets.
- We will provide additional hand sanitizer stations around our facility for everyone to use.
- In Lieu of passing offering buckets, we will ask you to drop your offering in the bucket held by a church volunteer upon exiting the sanctuary, giving kiosk next to the facilities exit door or give online.
During this time, we are also asking you to take action to help stop the spread of the virus in the following ways:
1. Stay at home when you or a family member are sick: Sick means you have symptoms such as fever or nausea, or have had them within the last 24 hours.
2. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
3. Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your arm.
4. Get in the habit of NOT touching your face so often.
5. Forgo shaking hands at church for a wave or a friendly smile.
6. If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know so we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved and take any necessary precautions here at Impact Church.
Impact Church Online:
If you or a family member are sick or need to stay home during this time, we urge you to watch our Sunday services online. We’ve got an open spot for you to watch Impact Church Online during our 9 or 11am services on our Facebook Page
For families with kids:
In addition to keeping our campus clean, we will be taking extra care of our kids’ spaces. Kids’ toys and rooms will be sanitized before and after every service.
Three ways you can help:
- Pray – Pray for those impacted by the virus, as well as their families and loved ones.
- Give – We are called to be a light among darkness, and to do that, it takes money. If you’d like to join us, you can donate by heading to MiamiImpact.church and click on the give tab.
- Serve – If you’re feeling well, we want to remind you that right now, state and local departments are not recommending that you stay home. We are committed to bringing The Gospel to the region, and that requires volunteers. Please consider fulfilling your commitments on Sunday Mornings and at our Impact Groups and youth gatherings.
Questions or concerns?
If you’d like to share your thoughts, concerns, questions, and ideas with us as we navigate our response to this situation, we’d love to hear from you. Your input and feedback are truly important to us. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions or comments.
While we cannot control the virus, the spread or the impact it has in our church, we’re doing everything we can to make this facility as safe and clean as possible. We appreciate your cooperation and commitment to help us do just that. We must also remember that God has not called us to live in fear but in faith.
As the apostle, Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7, “For the Spirit of God does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.” Our prayer is that we will operate with these gifts, no matter what comes our way.
Impact Church Family